Terms and conditions of let for Dunvegan-Inverness
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. If you are uncertain about any point, please ask for clarification.
- Contract. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive a booking summary by e-mail sent to the e-mail address you provided. This does not constitute a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when a letter of confirmation is sent to you subsequently by post or by e-mail.
- Period of Let. The period of Let runs from 16:00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10:00 hrs on the day of departure. The same times of day apply equally to Flexible Breaks – that is, from 16:00 hrs on the day of arrival until 10:00 hrs on the day of departure.
- Payment. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total is payable at the time of booking; the balance is due 6 weeks before your holiday begins. Alternatively, if your holiday is due to start within 6 weeks of the booking date, the full amount is due at the time of booking.
- Cancellation Insurance. Visitors are strongly recommended to consider whether or not they are adequately insured against the risk of liability arising from the cancellation of their booking for whatever reason or cause.
- Number of People. Only the number of people stated on the booking form may occupy the property. Sub-letting or assignation of the let is prohibited.
- Responsibility. The person who signs the booking form will be responsible for ensuring that the conditions of let are adhered to and for any loss or damage to the accommodation and its contents, subject to fair wear and tear, during the period of let.
- Loss or damage. Please advise us immediately of any loss, damage or breakage of fittings, utensils or equipment incurred during your stay, in order that we can act quickly to repair or restore the item(s) for the benefit of future guests.
- Your personal property. Vehicles and personal property are left at your own risk: they are not the responsibility of Dunvegan-Inverness.
- Smoking. No smoking is permitted in the property.
- Pets. No pets of any kind are allowed.
- Alternative accommodation. If for any reason, the accommodation is not available to you on the dates booked due to events beyond our control, we will take steps to find you similar, alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available, then all sums paid to us by you will be refunded and we shall have no liability to you or to any other party.
- Termination with cause. We reserve the right to refuse to hand over the accommodation to anyone who, in our opinion, is not suitable to take charge of the property. In such an event, all sums paid to us by you will be refunded and the contract shall be terminated without further liability to you or to any other party. We also reserve the right to terminate the contract at any time , or to remove any person or persons due to unreasonable behavior, damage to property or causing or likely to cause annoyance or offence to other guests. In any such case, a refund of all or part of the sums paid to us by you shall be entirely at our discretion.
- Maintenance. We reserve the right to allow access to the property for purposes of maintenance, repairs, window cleaning or emergencies without advance notice if necessary. We will endeavour to give you notice in advance of such access whenever practicable.
- Purpose. The property let as Dunvegan-Inverness is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let – to which section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.